My husband was channel surfing this evening (nothing new there) and came across a television show of people's most favorite foods. But these weren't just typical favorite foods (like mine... pizza, Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzards and homemade maple "Bun" candy bars), but rather STRANGE (!!!) favorite foods. Things like poached eggs on sourdough olive bread with some sort of artichoke spread. Hmmmm... no thanks.
The strangest of the favorites that we stuck around long enough to watch? Prosciutto ice cream from a shop in San Francisco. Yes, you read that right... pork and ice cream... together. Although, after watching how they make it, we discovered that there's not actually pieces of pork in it, but rather pork shoulder bones SOAKED in it for about 3 days. And, to top it off, ALL the grease from cooking it is included as well. Eeeeeewwwww!!! Definitely no thanks on that one!
The shop is called "Humphry Slocombe". The flavors are called... weird, in my book. Other strange concoctions include Kumquat-Poppy Seed (I've tried kumquats and, although they're quite cute, they taste horrible!), Hibiscus Beet, Jesus Juice (not sure what that is... ???) and Cucumber Ice Milk. Doesn't really sound like a vacation stop that I'll ever make.
I think I'll just stick to enjoying my Moon Pie Crunch Mint instead. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment