How pathetic is it when you actually HOPE that a telemarketer calls you? We had cable installed at our home yesterday. Along with it, we had Comcast Digital Voice added as well. A neat feature that came along with it... Universal Caller ID.
When the sales gal (who, I found out while on the phone with her, was born the year I graduated from high school!!! How old did that make me feel? REALLY OLD!!) asked if we'd like that feature turned on, I asked what it was. She said it will display the caller ID information right on our tv screen. "Well, YES, sign me up! That way I'll know if I need to bother dumping my lapful of cats and school books and laptop off my lap to run and answer it or not!" How COOL is that?
Although the feature isn't completely active yet, when it is... you can bet I'll be screening my calls even more! Ha! Ha! Bring on the telemarketers!! Since our phone number is brand new... I'm sure we'll be at the top of their lists for awhile until the National Do Not Call Registry gets us on their list.
Thank God for the National Do Not Call Registry, but also thank God for Caller ID and Comcast's Universal Caller ID feature!!
Let the laziness begin...
No comments:
Post a Comment