My husband and I are preparing to go to Phoenix soon. After talking to one of our sales reps from the Phoenix area recently - and discovering that it's been hovering around 105 degrees there, I've come to the conclusion that... I'm most likely going to need to buy some shorts... and bare my legs. Eeeeek!! My legs rarely see the light of day and, therefore, are quite WHITE!! I'm one of those unlucky (or is it cursed?) people who just doesn't tan! No matter how many times I've gotten sunburnt (I know, I know... that's really bad for me)... it just turns really red, peels and then goes right back to glowing white. Sigh... I have tan envy... :-(
Getting over that, I'm thinking comfort is much more important than style (gosh, does that mean I'm getting old?). I've come to grips with the fact that I will be miserable in Phoenix in my customary blue jeans if I don't get past the fear of exposing my pale legs (and being pointed out and laughed at by all those tan people). I figured now was the perfect time to find some end of season deals on shorts and capris, so I head out to a couple local department stores in search of some good deals. Besides being cursed with pale skin, I'm also a major tightwad and refuse to pay full price for clothes.
Store number one... the only shorts to be found were Daisy Duke style shorts in the juniors department that would expose waaaaaay more than just my lily white legs. What parent, in their right mind, would permit their daughter to go out into public in shorts like that???? Onto store number two...
There, I find a few pairs of dressier type shorts and one pair of rather bright pink (but quite cute) capris. I bravely take my finds to the fitting room... and am quite pleased to find that not only do they fit, but they don't really look too bad either. And, even better... they're all less than six bucks a pair!! Woohoo!! Once they're all totaled up, the sales clerk tells me that I saved a whopping $96! WOW!!! Now that's my kind of shopping success story!
Still wishing for some denim shorts and/or capris, I venture out one more time for the day and check the selection at my local Walmart. Cha-ching! They have shorts on clearance for four bucks a pair!! Gosh, I wasn't really expecting to find better than the six buck bargains... what a nice surprise! So, I get another few pairs in a variety of colors - including one denim pair. They also had a pair of capris... not denim like I hoped for (didn't have my size), but cute tan ones with little blue flowers embroidered on them. I bought those too. Walmart clerks don't tell you how much you saved, but I think it was around $20. I'm happy with that.
I think I'm all set now to stay cool in Phoenix. Too bad I won't really look very cool... ;-D
Update... I looked like a total dork in Phoenix, but at least I was comfortable! And, no... I will NOT be posting pictures of my white legs. :-)
ReplyDelete