Thursday, September 9, 2010

Firewall My Attention?!!?

I found the attached article, "6 Tips to Firewall Your Attention and Boost Productivity", interesting... especially since I always seem to find a zillion new things to do other than the ones that really need done!  I'm really bad at this with my UFO's (UnFinished Objects... as in quilting and knitting projects)... and with school work... and with housework.  There are just too many new things that capture my imagination or that seem more fun than whatever it is I "have to" work on.

I literally have stacks and stacks of half-read magazines and books - each with dog-eared pages, sticky note bookmarks or those annoying magazine subscription cards sticking out of them (each one marked with a few cat chew marks, of course) to mark where I left off.  I have bags and boxes with half-fininshed craft projects... not to mention the shelves full of fabric and yarn and all the ideas to use it rolling around in my head!  And, all the cookbooks and printed recipes that I'd like to try someday... or at least get organized (another task that has been started about a dozen times).  Oh, and then there is the collection of landscaping books - each one with a few ideas that I'd "someday" like to do in my own yard.  Ugh, what's a girl to do?!  There's too much fun stuff out there and not nearly enough time or money to do them all!!

So, what am I going to do to improve?  I'm not sure yet, but I have some really interesting books on order that are supposed to help me... I just can't wait for them to get here so I can put aside all the other books I've started reading and begin reading these new ones!!

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment